Expedition Church and its sister church, First Christian Church in Plano are doing their part to assist those in need as a result of Hurricane Harvey. They are collecting relief items for delivery and distribution. This disastrous event has created a tremendous need. Please review the items list below - follow the instructions given - and deliver to First Christian Church in Plano on Sunday September 3. The drop off time is from 9am to 12 noon.
What is Needed
There are two very specific needs and the Hygiene Kits and Emergency Buckets should be prepared as follows
- One hand towel measuring approximately 15"x 28" to 16"x 32" (no fingertip, bath, dish towel or micro-fiber)
- One washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb removed from the package
- One finger nail or toe nail clipper removed from the package
- One bath size bar of soap in the wrapper
- One toothbrush in the package
- Ten standard size Band-aids
- One tube of toothpaste
All items in the Hygiene Kit need to fit inside a one-gallon plastic zipper closure bag. Remove the excess air from the bag and seal before boxing. Do not add any extra items.
Emergency Cleanup Buckets
- One five-gallon bucket with re-sealable lid (If bucket has been used, clean well but do not use if it has held chemicals of any kind.)
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs non-surgical latex gloves
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
All cleaning items must be new - all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened. Place all items into the bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment. Snap the lid on tight and seal with packing tape.
The above items should be dropped off at either Expedition Church, Frisco or First Christian Church Plano, on Sunday, September 3, from 9am to 12 noon.
Expedition Church, 9073 Berkshire Dr. Frisco 75034
First Christian Church Plano, 813 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Spitters, via call or text (858) 342-5912