Shawnee Trail Cycling Club is one of the fastest growing cycling organizations in North Texas. Based in Frisco, and serving the cycling populace of the surrounding communities, Shawnee Trail Cycling Club is a community focused organization dedicated to the sport of cycling for fitness, recreation and the use of bicycles as an alternative, energy efficient, mode of transportation.
Frisco, and all of North Texas have been known as a transportation mecca since the early 1800's. Shawnee Trail Cycling Club is proud to be a part of this heritage, incorporating the evolution from horses and wagons to other forms of transportation, including bicycling. If you want to know more about us and the original Shawnee Trail, [go here].
So, if you live in Frisco, Carrollton, The Colony, Little Elm, Prosper or any of the great cities of North Texas, come join us for a ride. We guarantee you'll have a great time!
Shawnee Trail Cycling Club is a community focused organization dedicated to the sport of cycling for fitness, recreation and bicycles as an alternative, energy efficient, mode of transportation. The genesis of our name, Shawnee Trail, incorporates the rich heritage of Frisco and North Texas as a transportation mecca during the early 1800’s, while incorporating the evolution from horses and wagons, to newer forms of transportation as bicycling.
We support a variety of cycling specialties including road and track racing, commuting and recreational road and mountain biking. Our mission is for each club member to become an ambassador of the sport of cycling and to increase visibility and acceptance of the sport through:
- strict compliance to traffic laws
- education and mentoring of all cyclists to create awareness of “cycling best practices” to ensure the safe enjoyment of the activity
- initiatives to ensure cyclists can safely share the road with motorists
- Participation in, and sponsorship of education activities and events promoting cycling as a viable, “green” transportation alternative.
- Continuous demonstration, through our actions, of all benefits of participation in cycling as an activity, at any level.
The Shawnee Trail Cycling Club has been formed as a Texas Not-For-Profit Corporation pursuant to its Articles of Incorporation dated August 20, 2009 to promote the sport of cycling within the community under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.